A huge congratulations to the staff and leadership team at Garfield Neurobehavioral Center (NBC) for receiving a $180,000 Quality and Accountability Supplemental Performance (QASP) award by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
The state-developed program evaluates skilled nursing facilities quality of care. One hundred points are divided among the measurements with point values distributed for each quality indicator. Facilities receive an overall quality of care score when points from each of the quality measures are totaled.
Quality Measures categories are as follows:
- Nursing Hours per Patient Day (NHPPD)
- Direct Care Staffing Retention (optional)
- Physical Restraints— Long Stay
- “Facility Acquired” Pressure Ulcers— Long Stay and Short Stay
- Influenza— Long Stay and Short Stay
- Pneumococcal— Long Stay and Short Stay
- Patient/Family Satisfaction
Garfield scored very well in the areas of (high) staffing, (low) physical restraint use, (few) pressure ulcers, and (high) rate of immunizations.