805 SE 151st Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97233
About Stults House
Stults House is a five -bed residential mental health program for individuals who need assistance in activities of daily living (ADL) and are stepping down from a more institutionalized setting. Residents admitted into this treatment home will be assisted with household responsibilities, establishing and maintaining personal relationships, conducting personal business in the community such as shopping, banking, accessing medical and social services, establishing leisure pursuits, vocational assistance and educational support (for those interested), and other life skill areas related to re-integration into the community.
Just the Basics
Population Served: Individuals needing assistance in activities of daily living (ADL) and who are stepping down from a more
This program follows Telecare’s Recovery-Centered Clinical System (RCCS), an innovative recovery framework that incorporates the latest research and evidence-based practices. RCCS emphasizes doing no harm and supporting and enlivening recovery. The recovery model incorporates such approaches as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), harm reduction, and other consumer-centered therapeutic interventions.
Multidisciplinary team including a psychiatric prescriber, a program director, personal service coordinators, a rehabilitation therapist, recovery specialists, and peer support specialists.
Services and Supports
All program services are based on individual treatment needs including, but not limited to: group and individual therapy; medication administration; symptom management; coping skills; physical health maintenance, and social and recreational activities.
Open 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week
Referrals are coordinated through the county of responsibility and the corresponding Coordinated Care Organization (CCO).
To be considered for admission into Stults House, the following criteria must be met by an individual:
- Is in need of care, treatment and supervision.
- Is at least 18 years of age.
- Referred and currently approved for payment through AMHI process
- Does not require continuous nursing care, unless a reasonable plan to provide such care exists, the need for residential treatment supersedes the need for nursing care, and the division approves the placement.
- Is able to participate in the therapeutic milieu.
- Approved by county in collaboration with contractor, the program treating referral hospital, responsible Community Mental Health Program (CMHP) and/or the mental health organization (if enrolled) responsible for the resident
- Has been assessed to have a mental or emotional illness, or a suspected mental or emotional illness. This diagnosis must be a significant focus of the level of
- care requested.
- Have an evacuation capability consistent with the facility's single room occupancy classification.
- Meets additional criteria required or approved by the division through contractual agreement or condition of licensing.
- Admission is not solely for purposes of placement or the convenience of the member of the family or the provider.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.