Santa Cruz PHF
2250 Soquel Avenue, Suite 150
Santa Cruz, California 95062
About the Psychiatric Health Facility
The Santa Cruz County Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a locked acute psychiatric inpatient program. It is a safe, welcoming, recovery-focused place for people who are having a mental health emergency — and need more intensive treatment and support.
Just the Basics
Population Served: Individuals diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), aged 18+
Funded by: Santa Cruz County Department of Mental Health
This program follows Telecare’s Recovery-Centered Clinical System (RCCS), an innovative recovery framework that incorporates the latest research and evidence-based practices. RCCS emphasizes doing no harm and supporting and enlivening recovery. The recovery model incorporates such approaches as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), harm reduction, and other consumer-centered therapeutic interventions.
Services and Supports
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Outreach and engagement
- Comprehensive risk assessment and treatment
- Individualized recovery planning
- Substance abuse intervention and counseling
- Supportive counseling
- Medication management and support
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services that include symptom management, building independent living skills, and enhancing coping and social skills
- Physical health care coordination and preventative interventions
- Entitlement access and support
- Referrals to peer support groups
- 24/7 availability for members in crisis
Open 24-hour, 7 days per week
If you or a family member needs emergency mental health services, you can come to the program located at:
2250 Soquel Avenue, Suite 150, Santa Cruz, CA 95062.
The PHF is connected to the Santa Cruz County Crisis Stabilization Program, which offers crisis evaluation, stabilization and referral services. You will receive an initial assessment in the Crisis Stabilization Program. If you would benefit from more the more intensive services of the PHF, you will then be referred into the program
Who Is Served
- Serves adults, aged 18+
- Individuals can be admitted voluntarily or involuntarily (5150)
- Length of stay is usually 5-7 days
- People who come to the PHF receive a robust treatment program of active therapies and recovery-based services.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.