Deschutes Recovery Center
20370 Poe Sholes Road
Bend, Oregon 97703
About Deschutes Recovery Center
The main purpose of the Deschutes Recovery Center is to provide a stable living environment for people who are transitioning from the State Hospital or other secure facilities to a community-based program as a primary component of their mental health treatment.
Deschutes Recovery Center is the only Secure Residential Treatment Facility (SRTF) in Oregon that provides services to both Psychiatric Security Review Board (PSRB) and non-PSRB residents and is the only SRTF serving clients in Central Oregon.
Just the Basics
Population Served: The Deschutes Recovery Center serves persons who are 18 years or older, have a mental illness, and have a demonstrated need for services at our established level of care.
Funded by: State of Oregon Medicaid
Building on traditional ACT standards, Telecare has created a recovery-centered experience for people served. Telecare’s approach is
based on a belief that recovery can happen. Programs and staff strive to create an environment where a person can choose to recover.
By connecting to each individual’s core self and trusting it to guide the way, it is possible to awaken the desire to embark on the
Services and Supports
All program services are provided in-house and are based on individual treatment needs including, but not limited to:
- Group and individual therapy
- Medication management;
- Building life skills
- Symptom management
- Sex offender treatment
- Coping skills
- Building relationships
- Daily living skills such as diet, housekeeping, money management, and clothing care
- Physical health maintenance
- Social and recreational activities
- Recovery planning
- Drug and alcohol education
- Risk assessments as needed
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Deschutes County Behavioral Health Services coordinates all referrals. Referrals can be generated from multiple sources including: Oregon State Hospital, SageView, St. Charles acute care hospital; other hospitals; other residential facilities; and the community.
Who Is Served
- Adults ages 18 and older who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness (Axis I)
- Must be referred through AMHI process or through the Psychiatric Security Review Board (PSRB) and be currently approved for payment through AMHI or PSRB
- Must be approved by Deschutes County in collaboration with the DRC, the treating referring program, the responsible Community Mental Health Program and/or Mental Health Organization
Contacting A Family Member
Members are encouraged to sign a release of information so that family members can be a part of their treatment. Family members can call (541) 318-1377 or write to 20370 Poe Sholes Drive, Bend, OR 97703.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.