1141 Chelsea St.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
About Ridgecrest CSU
At the Ridgecrest Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), we are here to help you find relief from distress and assist you in maintaining stability in your life.
We believe recovery starts from within, and that our job is to do whatever it takes to help you cope with crisis and gain skills to deal with your challenges more effectively. We have a multidisciplinary team of clinicians, psychiatric prescribers, nursing staff, and peer specialists who are all here to help you on your path.
Your recovery plan starts with you. Upon arrival, a diverse clinical team will provide an individualized assessment and work with you every step of the way to resolve your current crisis in ways that support your goals in life.
Just the Basics
Population Served: Adults and youth diagnosed with serious mental illness who are experiencing a mental health crisis and who have a
co-occurring substance use disorder
Funded by: Kern Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
Our services emphasize choice-making skills and harm-reduction techniques. We provide a safe, respectful environment where you can receive immediate, individualized assistance and a compassionate presence to stabilize symptoms, avoid the need for higher levels of care, and receive appropriate referrals to community-based resources.
Services and Supports
Services include but are not limited to:
- Access to psychiatric providers, nurses, social workers, and other clinical staff
- Psychiatric assessment
- Medication evaluation and service
- Development of crisis and recovery plans
- Linkage and referral to community treatment resources including medical services
All services are provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Individuals in crisis can access CSU services on their own or by referral
- We will also partner closely with the Ridgecrest Police Department and other community stakeholders to offer services to individuals who need immediate crisis stabilization services
- Adult and youth residents of East Kern County
- Persons diagnosed with serious mental illness who are experiencing a mental health crisis and who have a co-occurring substance use disorder
What Makes Us Different
Telecare’s crisis services are strength-based, empowering, person-centered, and wellness and recovery-oriented. The Ridgecrest CSU program will offer a calm and welcoming home-like environment where referred individuals in crisis will receive immediate assistance to stabilize acute symptoms and avoid inpatient hospitalization.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.