1005 S. Central Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90021
About CORE LA
The CORE-LA (Corrections Outpatient Recovery Enhancement:
Los Angeles) program serves residents of Los Angeles County, ages 18 years and older, who are diagnosed with a mental illness, are currently on parole, and may have a history of a co-occurring substance abuse issue, a history of frequent psychiatric hospitalizations, or a history of being homeless. All referrals to the programs are coordinated directly by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Just the Basics
Population Served: Adults ages 18+ and forensic
Funded by: California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Building on traditional ACT standards, Telecare has created a recovery-centered experience for people served. Telecare’s approach is
based on a belief that recovery can happen. Programs and staff strive to create an environment where a person can choose to recover.
By connecting to each individual’s core self and trusting it to guide the way, it is possible to awaken the desire to embark on the
ACT programs use multidisciplinary teams that include psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, masters-level clinical staff, and personal service coordinators. Some staff may be consumers who are in recovery themselves.
Services and Supports
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- 24/7 capacity for crisis support
- Comprehensive psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Outreach and engagement
- Individual and group services, crisis intervention, case management, employment services, and housing support
- Money management/representative payee education
- Medication support and education
- Vocational and educational services
- Benefits establishment
- Co-occurring disorders treatment
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- After hours
- On-call staff availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
All referrals to the programs are coordinated directly by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
- Must be currently on parole
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a resident of Los Angeles County
- Must not be medically fragile
Forensic history is reviewed as a part of the assessment process to determine appropriateness for the program.
Contacting A Family Member
Members are encouraged to sign a release of information so that family members can be a part of their treatment.
All of Telecare's ACT and Residential programs have received a three-year accreditation by CARF, the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission. Telecare also received exemplary conformance to CARF standards in four areas:
- Recovery model approach that is client-centered: This process utilizes the integrated collection of a single set of data that supports the client's process of recovery and supports innovative treatment interventions.
- Cultural competence and diversity program: Providing culturally competent services that go beyond being equal and nondiscriminatory to include a concept of responsive servicess matched to the persons served and their needs.
- Inclusion of clients in the interviewing and hiring process for new employees: Telecare clients often sit on Hiring Advisory Committees and participate in the candidate selection process. Telecare also hires former consumers as staff members.
- Excellent communications department: This department develops and produces materials that express and support the values of the organization, and assist employees in utilizing the organization's communication tools.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.