401 S. Tustin Street, Building D
Orange, California 92866
The TREEhouse (Total Recovery Enriching Experience) is Telecare's Orange County Crisis Residential Program. It is a safe environment for individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis and need additional support to avoid hospitalization, stabilize symptoms and return to their previous level of functioning.
The program provides voluntary, short-term services, typically lasting 7 to 14 days. The program also provides dual diagnosis services for people who are experiencing a mental health crisis and also have substance abuse issues. The program employs peer counselors as well as licensed professionals and provides services in a culturally sensitive manner.
About the program
- Helps people cope with crisis while avoiding unecessary psychiatric hospitalization
- Assists people to gain skills to manage their conditions and crises more effectively
- Engages with follow-up care and community supports recovery model
Just the Basics
Population Served: Adult residents of Orange County
Funded by: Our program operates under contract with the County of Orange Health Care Agency and is a Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) funded program.
Telecare has created a recovery-centered experience for people served. Programs and staff strive to create an environment where a person can choose to recover. By connecting to each individual's core self and trusting it to guide the way, it is possible to awaken the desire to embark on the recovery journey.
Multidisciplinary team of clinicians, psychiatry, nursing and residential care staff.
Services and Supports
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Crisis intervention, including emotional support and de-escalation of crisis situations
- Alternative to inpatient hospitalization
- Development of service/recovery plan
- Brief individual and group rehabilitation treatment, and family counseling as needed
- Temporary respite from a living situation that was contributing to the crisis
- Assistance with self-administration of medications
- Discharge planning: Intensive planning and implementation of integrated aftercare services in the community, including linkage to natural supports
- Linkage and referral to services including assistance with obtaining entitlements, community housing, community treatment resources, and referral to appropriate medical services
Monday - Sunday: 24 hours a day
Coordinated by the Orange County Health Care Agency through the Centralized Assessment Team.
- Must be a resident of Orange County
- Must be ages 18-59
- Must be diagnosed with a mental illness and experiencing a mental health crisis, may also have a co-occuring substance use disorder
Walk-in clients and self-referrals are not accepted at the crisis residential program
Contacting A Family Member
Family members can contact individuals at the TREEhouse by calling the main number at 714-289-3936.
Per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines, staff members cannot release any client information without a signed authorization.
Family members are also welcome to contact the program director.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.