Thurston Mason Crisis Triage
3285 Ferguson St SW
Tumwater, WA 98512
About Thurston Mason Crisis Triage
At Telecare Thurston Mason Crisis Triage, we provide intensive psychiatric evaluation and treatment services in a safe, welcoming environment for adults experiencing a mental health emergency.
We believe recovery starts from within, and that our job is to do whatever it takes to provide the support needed to our clients on their recovery journey. Our 10-bed secure facility includes a full staff of nurses, chemical dependency professionals, peer recovery coaches, and psychiatric prescribers.
This program is designed to provide a clinically-appropriate alternative to incarceration for individuals experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis, and who have been involved with law enforcement.
Just the Basics
Population Served: Adults, ages 18 and older, who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
Funded by: Thurston Mason Behavioral Health Organization.
Our services are designed using Telecare’s Recovery-Centered Clinical System (RCCS). This system incorporates evidence-based practices and innovative design components, and emphasizes choice-making skills, harm-reduction techniques and strives to awaken the hopes and dreams of the individual. The RCCS emphasizes “no-force first” practices. Staff work with individuals within their cultural dynamic in building independence and self-responsibility to foster their recovery and successfully transition them back to lower levels of care.
Services and Supports
A variety of therapies and activities are offered in our program. Services at Thurston Mason Crisis Triage include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive evaluation and risk assessment, covering mental health and substance use
- Client-centered, strengths-based and trauma informed crisis intervention and stabilization
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Peer support and community group meetings
- Social and recreational activities
- Counseling on both a group and individual basis
- Medication administration and management
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Designated Mental Health Professionals (DMHP) will evaluate individuals referred by local law enforcement and the Thurston County jail. If individuals are found to need emergency involuntary detainment, they will be admitted to the inpatient unit.
Who Is Served
Adults, aged 18+, in Thurston and Mason Counties, who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness and are currently experiencing a significant crisis in their lives.
- Any individual who has a co-occurring medical condition that requires more than an outpatient level of care will be excluded from the program.
- Sexually violent offenders being detained pursuant to RCW 71.09 or high risk sex offenders classified by the local law enforcement agencies are excluded from admission.
- Any individual with any pending (not dismissed or otherwise disposed) felony charge shall be excluded from admission. Individuals released on a Temporary Release (TR) may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis after consultation with the DMHP.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.