500 N 9th Street, Suite B
Modesto, California 95350
About The Westside Stanislaus Homeless Outreach Program (SHOP)
The Telecare Westside SHOP program operates exists to provide culturally competent mental health services to adults ages 18 and above with serious mental illness and a history of homelessness. The team provides the support our members need to successfully achieve their own personal recovery goals as well as creating an individualized housing plan. The Westside SHOP program provides a continuity of care and a menu of treatment options utilizing the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) model.
This variety of options supports individuals in all levels of their recovery while offering choice and flexibility to members and their families. All of the programs offer case management and psychiatric services at the core as well as 24/7 crisis intervention services.
Just the Basics
Population Served: Adult residents of Stanislaus County in California who are ages 18 and above with serious mental illness and a history of homelessness
Funded by: Westside SHOP operates under contract with Stanislaus County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
This program follows Telecare’s Recovery-Centered Clinical System (RCCS), an innovative recovery framework that incorporates the latest research and evidence-based practices. RCCS emphasizes doing no harm and supporting and enlivening recovery. The recovery model incorporates such approaches as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), harm reduction, and other consumer-centered therapeutic interventions.
The Westside SHOP program uses a multidisciplinary team, which includes a psychiatrist, a nurse, a Master’s prepared clinician, and personal service coordinators/case managers with experience in substance abuse recovery, housing, employment, and mental health support. Some staff may be mental health consumers in recovery themselves. The team works in partnership with each other as well as other agencies and service providers in the area to assist members with linkage to community resources. The Westside SHOP program offers a low member-to-staff ratio and provides its services in the community. Our members receive group and individual support using a “whatever it takes” approach and individualized Recovery Planning.
Services and Supports
Based on the well-researched Program of Assertive Community Treatment model, developed in Madison, Wisconsin, the program provides or assists members in obtaining a full range of services. These can include:
- Comprehensive assessment and treatment
- Crisis intervention and immediate support 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Outreach and engagement
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Medication management, support, and education
- Risk focused assessment and intervention
- Physical health screening, care coordination, and referral
- Substance abuse intervention and counseling
- Focus on self-help and wellness
- A primary focus on peer support and family / significant other involvement, promoting community integration
- Vocational and educational services
- Engagement activities
- Case management
- Housing support
- Benefits and entitlements assistance
- Family support
- Education and life skill coaching, including money management
- Dual diagnosis assessment and intervention
- Providing information and learning opportunities as support for individuals in their recovery
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Weekends by appointment only
Who Is Served
- Stanislaus County residents, age 18 and above
- Individuals may be transitioning from institutional settings like state hospitals, IMDs or locked psychiatric facilities. These individuals may also have a history of multiple hospitalizations, incarceration or arrests, a co-occurring substance abuse issue, or a history of being homeless.
Contacting A Family Member
Family members can contact individuals at Westside SHOP by calling the main number at (209) 341-1824.
Per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines, staff members cannot release any client information without a signed authorization.
Family members are also welcome to contact the Westside SHOP program director at any time.
Telecare ACT programs have been recognized as exemplary practice by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. CARF reviews and grants accreditation services nationally and internationally and maintains rigorous quality standards for accreditation. Telecare’s ACT programs were awarded a three-year accreditation.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.