San Bernardino MAPS
2080 South E Street, Second Floor
San Bernardino, California 92408
About San Bernardino MAPS
Operated by Telecare Corporation in partnership with San Bernardino Department of Behavioral Health, the Member Assertive Positive Solution (MAPS) is an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program for individuals with serious mental illness. MAPS provides multidisciplinary wraparound services and supports to ensure members' success in the community, promote hope, wellness, and recovery, and prevent unnecessary readmissions to acute hospitals.
- Treatment and support services are individualized and guided by the individual's hopes & dreams
- Range of services is comprehensive, culturally competent, and flexible
- Most services are provided in the community, where members live, work and socialize
Just the Basics
Population Served: Residents of San Bernardino County, ages 18+, diagnosed with a severe mental illness.
Funded by: San Bernardino Department of Behavioral Health
MAPS follow's Telecare's Recovery-Centered Clinical System (RCCS), an innovative recovery framework that incorporates the latest research and evidence-based practices. RCCS emphasizes doing no harm and supporting and enlivening recovery. The recovery model incorporates such approaches as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), harm reduction, and other consumer-centered therapeutic interventions.
Services and Supports
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Outreach and engagement
- Physical health screening and care coordination
- Comprehensive risk assessment and treatment
- 24/7 availability
- Individualized recovery planning
- Supportive counseling
- Substance abuse intervention and counseling
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services that include symptom management, building independent living skills, and enhancing coping and social skills
- Medication management and support
- Entitlement access and support
- Employment counseling
- Follow-up transportation
- Referrals to peer support groups
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Referrals are coordinated through San Bernardino Department of Behavioral Health and Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP).
- Must be a resident of San Bernardino County in California
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be diagnosed with a serious mental illness
Contacting A Family Member
Per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines, the San Bernardino MAPS program will not release any client information without a signed authorization.
Family members are welcome to contact the program director.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.