San Bernardino ACT
2080 South E Street, Suite 100
San Bernardino, California 92408
About San Bernardino ACT
San Bernardino ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) is a community-based program created to serve 100 San Bernardino County adults with serious mental illness. Our primary goal is to help people live successfully in the community and make strides toward their hopes and dreams and achieving personal recovery goals, while avoiding unnecessary psychiatric hospitalization.
Just the Basics
Population Served: Adults, ages 18 and older, who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
Funded by: San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health
This program follows Telecare’s Recovery-Centered Clinical System (RCCS), an innovative recovery framework that incorporates the latest research and evidence-based practices. RCCS emphasizes doing no harm and supporting and enlivening recovery. The recovery model incorporates such approaches as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), harm reduction, and other consumer-centered therapeutic interventions.
Services and Supports
Based on the well-researched ACT model, the program provides a wide range of services and supports that help people to live successfully in the community and reclaim their hopes, dreams and life roles. These include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical risk assessments
- Medication management and training
- Individual service planning
- Psychiatric services and individual therapy
- Psychosocial rehabilitation and social skills training
- Symptom education
- 24-hour crisis care services for members and families
- Housing services (support in finding and maintaining housing environments and support in daily living)
- Employment services, including skills-development training and job placement assistance
- Linkage to community services
- Substance abuse services and supports
- Support if incarcerated
- Money management and support
- 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Crisis: An after-hours crisis line and on-call staff are available 7 days a week from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.
All referrals to the program are coordinated by the San Bernardino County Department of Behavior Health.
Who Is Served
Adults ages 18 and over with serious mental illness.
Contacting A Family Member
At San Bernardino ACT, we follow HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines. Family members may contact San Bernardino Act via telephone at 909-388-9191.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.