300 Ilene Street
Martinez, California 94553
About Hope House
At Contra Costa Hope House, we provide crisis treatment in a safe, welcoming environment for adults experiencing a mental health emergency.
We believe recovery starts from within, and that our job is to do whatever it takes to provide the support needed on your recovery journey. Our home-like settings has a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, clinicians, and nursing and residential care
staff who are here to help you get through the crisis and return to the community.
Your recovery plan starts with you. Upon arrival, the clinical team will provide an individualized assessment and work with you every step of the way to support your goals in life.
Just the Basics
Length of Stay: Seven to 10 days.
Population Served: Residents of Contra Costa County, ages 18-59 (individuals age 59 and older are served at Hope House on a case by case basis).
Funded by: Operates under contract with Contra Costa Behavioral Health Services and is a Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
Our services are designed using Telecare’s Recovery-Centered Clinical System (RCCS). This system emphasizes choice-making skills, harm-reduction techniques, and strives to awaken your hopes and dreams. In the RCCS model we believe that no one can force you to change— change starts with you. Our staff will work with you to build independence and self-responsibility in order to successfully transition to lower levels of care.
Services and Supports
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Crisis intervention, including emotional support and de-escalation of crisis situations
- Development of a service/recovery plan
- Brief individual and group rehabilitation treatment, and family counseling as needed
- Temporary respite from a living situation that was contributing to the crisis
- Assistance with self-administration of medications
- Discharge planning and implementation of integrated aftercare services in the community
- Linkage and referral to services including assistance with obtaining disability entitlements, community housing, community treatment resources, and referral to appropriate medical services
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Coordinated by Contra Costa Behavioral Health Services.
Who Is Served
- Residents of Contra Costa County, ages 18-59 (individuals age 59 and older are served at Hope House on a case by case basis).
- People diagnosed with serious mental illness who are experiencing a mental health crisis, and who may have a co-occurring substance use disorder.
- Walk-in clients and self-referrals are not accepted at the crisis residential program. Referrals come to Hope House through the county.
Contacting A Family Member
Family members can contact individuals at Hope House by calling the main number at (925) 313-7980.
Per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines, staff members cannot release any client information without a signed authorization.
Family members are also welcome to contact the program director.
What Makes Us Different
Hope House provides treatment in a healing environment to enable people to return home or transition to less intensive levels of service with a renewed sense of hope and purpose, and with minimal risk of hospitalization or readmission. Telecare’s culture of recovery includes wraparound support from a multidisciplinary staff who constantly engage with people to maintain a safe and healing environment.
Take a look at Telecare's May Newsletter to hear more from staff and a former member.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.