9901 Artesia Boulevard
Bellflower, California 90706
Hablamos Español: Llamar a 562-977-4988
At Telecare Discoveries, we are here to help you take care of your health and continue the journey toward your hopes and dreams. Our job is to give you the resources, support, and care you need. Discoveries consists of a diverse team of clinicians, as well as a nurse and a psychiatrist, who are all here to assist you.
Our team will work with you every step of the way, providing a whole range of mental health services and supports, as well as connecting you to other resources that might be useful to you. By the end of treatment, you will gain coping, communication and problem solving strategies to help you manage stress as a result of life challenges.
Just the Basics
Population Served: Individuals ages 16-25 and living in Los Angeles County Service Area 6 or 7
Funded by: This program is funded through the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).
Our program is based on the CAPPS Model, which specializes in identifying adolescents and young adults who are at high risk for developing a mental illness — and providing treatment early to slow
or stop the progression of illness
Services and Supports
Services at Telecare Discoveries include, but are not limited to:
- Community outreach
- Screening and assessment for early warning signs of mental health issues
- Individual and family therapy
- Case management and linkage
- Medication support services
- Crisis intervention
- Team case conferencing
- Monday- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.mm
Referrals are made for:
- Individuals experiencing marked changes in mood, behavior and thinking within the past year
- Individuals with a genetic risk (family history of first degree relative with psychotic disorder) and with decline in functioning
- Individuals experiencing their first psychotic break within the last 12 months
- Individuals between 16-25 years old
- Lives in LA County Service Area 6 or 7
- Meets the specific CAPPS criteria which can only be determined after an initial screening from one of our CAPPS-certified clinicians
Contacting A Family Member
Family members can contact individuals at Discoveries by calling the main number at 562-977-4988.
Per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines, staff members cannot release any client information without a signed authorization.
Family members are also welcome to contact the program director.
If you are interested in receiving information, education, and/or materials on early symptoms of mental health issues or know of a young person in need, please contact us at 562-977-4988.
Telecare is a family- and employee-owned company that has been treating individuals with serious mental illness since 1965. We specialize in innovative, outcomes-driven services for high-risk individuals with complex needs. Our programs are recovery-focused and clinically effective and are designed in partnership with local, county, state and other behavioral health organizations.