Telecare Clark County Evaluation & Treatment Program
December 20, 2013
Telecare is proud to have been selected in 2010 as the provider of the Clark County Telecare Evaluation and Treatment Center (TCC), located at 1601 E. 4th Plain Boulevard in Vancouver, Washington. The program is funded by the Clark County Regional Support Network (CCRSN) (www.clark.wa.gov)
We know there are many people interested in our program, including job-seekers, local service providers, and the families of the individuals who may soon be served. We will use this site to offer information about the program and Telecare, and answers to common questions.
- About the Program
- About Telecare
- Information for Job Seekers
- Information for those Seeking E&T Services
The Clark County Telecare Evaluation and Treatment Center (CCT) will be a 12-bed facility, providing both voluntary and involuntary inpatient evaluation and treatment to individuals who are experiencing acute psychiatric distress. These individuals may also need acute detoxification from substances.
The program's goal is to support people in stabilizing their symptoms so that they may quickly return home to the community. Most people will stay at CCT between 3-7 days.
Services will be delivered by a multidisciplinary, culturally-competent staff and will include a broad array of medical, mental health and recovery-centered supports:
- Risk-focused assessments, covering mental health and substance abuse
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Medication administration and management
- Medically monitored detoxification
- Family and support system engagement
- Peer support and community group meetings
- Social and recreational activities
- And individualized treatment plans, which also focus on the process of awakening hope and enlivening the recovery journey. The goal of this program is to provide a recovery-oriented, trauma-informed learning environment that promotes independence, self-responsibility and self-determination.
Based in Alameda, California, Telecare specializes in providing services and supports for individuals with serious mental illness and has over 2,200 employees and more than 60 programs in California, Texas, Nebraska, Oregon, North Carolina and Washington. Telecare provides a full spectrum of services, including inpatient and community-based care, case management, assertive community treatment, and residential, crisis and administrative services.
Telecare President Anne Bakar's 2009 Year End Review
- Anne Bakar Year End Videos
- Recovery Centered Clinical System (RCCS)
- Telecare Named #4 Best Place to work by SFBT
- History of Telecare
If you would like to be considered for a position at the CCT, we encourage you to apply for a position.
The CCT E&T Center will have a multidisciplinary, made up of a variety of licensed and unlicensed professionals, including nursing staff, social workers, peer counselors, mental health workers and chemical dependency specialists. The program will also be supported by administrator and business office staff.
How do I submit an application?
Telecare will post all open positions for the TCC program on our job search database. You can search for open positions and submit applications through here.
What are the salary levels?
Telecare's guiding philosophy is to treat all of our employees in a fair and consistent way, and to pay at levels that are at or above the midpoint of the market. Telecare's pay scales are based on comparative studies of similar work environments in the local geographic area. Our wages are competitive with other acute care programs.
What is the follow-up process after an application is submitted?
Telecare uses the following process when recruiting and hiring staff for all programs:
- Once applications are collected via the Telecare job board, Telecare's recruiting staff will review and screen applications and identify qualified applicants.
- A pre-screen phone call will be conducted with qualified applicants.
- Qualified individuals who have been successfully screen will then schedule their first round of interviews.
- A second round of interviews will be held with selected applicants.
- Verbal offers will then be made, contingent upon reference checks and successful completion of pre-employment requirements.
Southwest Washington Behavior Health (Regional Support Network) can be contacted at (360) 397-8222 or by calling toll-free at (855) 397-8222.